What should I do if I have an adverse reaction?

  1. Seek immediate medical attention where appropriate.
    If the condition is serious or could become serious, call 911 or go to a hospital emergency room.
  2. If your condition is not serious or life threatening, try to identify the cause. Ask yourself the following questions.
  3. Remember that only licensed medical doctors have the qualification needed to help you pinpoint what might have caused your adverse reaction. We recommend that you see your doctor if the condition persists.
  4. Report the problem to the proper government agency.
    The Food and Drug Administration and other federal agencies are responsible for removing unsafe products from the market.
    Click here to report to the FDA
  5. Report the problem to the manufacturer.  Manufacturers of over-the-counter (OTC) drugs and dietary supplements are required to report serious adverse events to the FDA.  Click here to report to a participating manufacturer.